We polled The Hub’s community of college golf coaches during the month of January, 2021 to see what they are up to, what they are focusing on, and what they might be preparing for. Here’s some of the responses we got:
- Finalizing Spring tournament and travel plan logistics
- Review my team’s equipment, making adjustments and ordering new equipment if needed
- Recruiting for the class of 2022 and 2023
- Zoom team calls and individual calls with my players who are in 5 different time zones (did you know there are 26 time zones in the world?). Getting a game plan aligned for the Spring
- Working through COVID-19 protocols for training, practicing, etc.
- Dealing with a few injuries and following up on rehab and conditioning programs
- Developing team and individual practice and goal plans for the 2021 season – every athlete is different, but a team shares in a set of goals
- Understand and review class schedules, course work loads, golf workout and practice schedules for Spring of 2021
- Qualifying and prepping for our first tournaments of 2021
- Still recruiting for the class of 2021 and 2022. Challenging, but it’s a great time for recruiting
- Trying to find some time for myself to hit some golf balls
Hopefully this gives you some insight into the day-to-day routine of a college golf coach in the Spring of 2021. Recruiting is almost always on their list of priorities, but there are many other vital responsibilities that come with being a college golf coach. Keep this in mind as you are speaking with them – it’s always good to step into their shoes for a few minutes before you reach out!
We’re praying for a safe season ahead, too!